Okay, now you have this amazing website that YOU have created but what are
you going to do with it? How are people going to know it's there? Just creating
it doesn't mean that it will bring traffic to your website. You have to market
your website to the people you want to reach. There are a number of marketing
- Paid advertising through search engines such as Google and Yahoo.
- Optimizing and submitting your site to online search engines and directories.
- Obtain the services of a web marketing agency - they have packages tailored
to your budget that target different search engines and advertising such as
yellow pages and white pages.
- Advertise on radio and television.
- Advertise via direct mail
- Email marketing
So let's assume you have the marketing under control now... and your really
reaching your target market. It's always a good idea to ask your clients how
well you are servicing them. You will need to find a way of capturing their
information using user surveys. If you are selling a product then
you can capture their details at the point of sale and store that data for future
use. It's polite at that time to ask whether they would like to participate
in user surveys.
The key to a happy client base, and expanding it, is to keep them happy through
excellent customer service and continuous innovation. Your website is an extenson
of your business. Here are some basic things to remember.
- Don't let correspondence build up without replies.
- Update your website content regularly - schedule time each month for promotions
and ensuring your content reflects current events.
- Capture and store client data for future reference.
- Ask clients/users if they would be willing to participate in user surveys
- it helps to offer an incentive.
- Pay attention to details.
- Always be polite.